Friday, November 4, 2011

Tried and True

Hey there,

Well, here I am, my fourth post.  I took yesterday 'off,' because I read some lady's advice on the EBlogger website, who said, in effect,  that 'people are busy, and they don't have time to read and follow everything, so don't post every day, and they'll appreciate you more.'

Also she said, get a 'theme,' so people know what you're talking about, and then you can network with other people who like your theme, and can Follow/Like you, and then you get bigger and bigger! 

Isn't that special....

I wondered if that was good?  Cooking daily w/ Julia Child has been done! (bummer, cuz that was a great idea!  I loved that book!)  What on earth in this world full of words can possibly be said?!! 

I don't know...Do I have a purpose in having a blog?  Maybe...I've had a lot of thoughts about a website for my quilt patterns for years, and never could figure out/afford to build one; and then, sometimes I just think something hilarious or brilliant: "I should write this down!"
 
Maybe a glog (up-oh, need more cawfee!) blog is part of that.  we'll see.

I also just think I'm quirkily brilliant in my own way, and I want to say so (even if only me, my family, and best buds read it!)...I DON'T want one of those 'here's all about my family' blog newsletters though! 

I am thinking, as I build this, I will share my art, my quilts, inspiration I see, bits of wisdom, things that crack me up, or are weird, and maybe a page for my quilt patterns. 

You'll be getting 'A Little Sparkle, A Little Grit.'

ME!

(Let's just think of this as a surprise for me--and you!  I really just begin to write and let the words come out.  That's what's happened so far.  So--we'll tune in tomorrow, and see if we're surprised again!)

I just looked when I opened this up, and I have TWO, count 'em TWO FOLLOWERS!!  On Monday, when I started, I didn't have anyone!
heh!  (take THAT--blogger advice lady!)


What do I know today? Here's a cool quote (from the Brave Girls Club, another site):

"Joy is untouched by circumstance." 

It sounds profound somehow, and then I thought, "Huh?!"  What?

The idea is that happiness comes and goes in fits and starts--dependent on our circumstances.  Joy goes deeper.  It's based on being true to ourselves, taking the time to pause and listen to our spirit, our heart speak.

In the stillness, our nature is to follow what is Right, what is Good, what is Pure= God.  If we're away from that, we have no joy, we're 'cloudy with a chance of meatballs'!

The site even uses a quote by Oprah  (who's probably really nice, but I let my subscription run out because I'm sick of the overhypedblahblahblah):

..."you feel real JOY in direct proportion to how connected you are to living your truth."


Take away the unsettledness and unhappiness of what we see in the world (spread by the media, and our reaction to it), and just have peace, silence, stillness. 


If we allow ourselves to listen for our truth-- who are we, what gives life meaning, who created us; how do we reflect that?


In getting as close to our truth as we can, and living that, we will find JOY!


enjoy your friday, little munchkin. 
love, me

No comments: