Thursday, December 15, 2011

BBBBRRRRRrrrrrr!

Hello, Out There!

I've missed being 'here'--no posts since last Friday--Hmm, what's going on?



Christmas!!  (Well, Christmas-Time, anyway!)


Okay, let's see what else?

  • Work at Job #1
  • Work at Job #2
  • Laundry at Home
  • Feed the cat!
  • Christmas Party with Quilting Group
  • Sewing on a Christmas Quilt gift
  • Newsletter for the Quilt Guild
  • Eat, Sleep, Drive, watch a few Christmas movies


i'm sure there were other things, but that's a few!  (how can I leave out Feeding the Cat!)


As far as working on Art, I haven't had much time this week.  Job #1 is in the Construction Industry, and usually slows down during the winter.


However, in my case, I am able to work at Job #2 (quilt shop), so that will help fill in...yay!



Yesterday was my first 'new day off'--and it was All Girly!


I slept in til 10:30 am!!




I checked my emails,

Facebooked a few friends,

Worked out (2 miles on the treadmill)

Shopped a bit at my fave resale shop, 'Rags to Riches',
(found a cute Leopard-print cardigan, and a couple 'zazzy' scarves)


Then, I had a hair appointment, and my friend, Milia, at Allure Salon and Day Spa*, really beautified me!

(I'm thinking a new slogan for them could be,



'I found my ALLURE!!'




* If you live near Salem, Oregon, and need a great haircut, this lady is a dream!  I've gone to her for about 10 years, and never had a bad haircut or color!  Totally.  This salon has other great people, and they do spa treatments, waxing, colors, the whole nine yards! 



While there,
I found a couple new OPI nail colors:

'Strawberry Margarita'  and 'Houston, We Have a Plum!'


now, thinking about it, I think it should be 'Pro-Plum'!!


(maybe it was, and I'm old and BLIND!!) 


HAHA!



Ever think getting older is 'sucky'?


I do, until I remember that there are PLENTY of people who'd wish they had one more day, and I tell myself to get over myself.



Anyway, back at home, I gave into the 'girliness' and gave myself a clay masque, (which Maggie, 'the Cat', chose to watch from the bathroom counter!), and after that, I got close-up and personal with

the TV

and

'Strawberry Margarita' (the polish)

and

a hot cup of chai!




What a great relaxing fun pampering day!

No comments: